Friday, September 30, 2011

2011 Senior Profiles: Stephen Hudak

After a one-year absence, the Senior Profiles feature is back at the Pioneer Football Blog!  Each week, we'll post a profile about each of the 2011 football seniors.  Next up... senior offensive tackle Stephen Hudak...

 

NameStephen Hudak
Hometown: Anacortes, Washington
High School: Anacortes High School
Major: Political Science and Environmental Science Concentration

Why did you choose to attend Grinnell? 
Grinnell was academically the best school i was accepted to. It was an easy choice as i wanted the best education i could get.

What is your favorite Pioneer football moment?  
My favorite Pioneer moment was our 17-15 victory over Monmouth last year. There was so much energy and enthusiasm on that field as the clock wound down and our win was assured. Beating Monmouth was a huge leap forward for our team, and this win far surpassed my last dark-horse win from high school. I knew great things would come for us after that moment.

Plans after graduation?
Nothing solid, but i have plenty of pathways i can see myself headed on. Potentially working in the state department foreign service, or alternately in environmental resource management. But i will go wherever the opportunities open up.

Favorite Professional Sports Team:
Coming from the Seattle area, I am a big Seahawks supporter.

Favorite Division I team:
I am not a huge fan of D1 football, but as a Navy brat, I love watching the Navy Midshipmen, especially in the Army-Navy game. I make it a point to see that game every year.

Favorite Song/Book/Movie/Food: 
Favorite food: Pizza Margherita ... Favorite Movie: Aliens ... Favorite Book: Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card ... No favorite song as my tastes are always changing.

Favorite Course at Grinnell
A toss up between Roman Art and Archaeology and Earth Systems Science

Interesting facts about you:
I am a Navy brat so I have been around the world. I was born in Japan, have lived on both US coasts, and spent three fondly remembered years living in Naples, Italy. Enjoyed some fine food there.