Thursday, September 15, 2011

2011 Senior Profiles: Kelsey Davis

After a one-year absence, the Senior Profiles feature is back at the Pioneer Football Blog!  Each Thursday, we'll post a profile about each of the 2011 football seniors.  Next up... senior free safety Kelsey Davis...


 Name: Kelsey Davis
Hometown: Claremore/ Broken Arrow, OK
High School: Broken Arrow High School
Major: Biology

Why did you choose to attend Grinnell?
Coming out of high school I had several opportunities in terms of where I could go for college, Grinnell was by far the best educational opportunity as well as one of the few I could still play football. Also I had to weigh in the opinions of my parents who agreed that Grinnell would be the best place of opportunity for me to secure my future.

What is your favorite Pioneer football moment?
My favorite pioneer moment would have to be when I scored the opening touchdown of the season my sophomore year.

Plans after graduation?
I plan to go to a cardio-pulmonary perfusion grad program and become a licensed perfusionist.

Favorite Professional Sports Team:
I don't really have a favorite professional team because my state doesn't have any for me to be loyal too (except for the Thunder basketball team but that is very recent), but it is definitely not any team from Dallas!

Favorite Division I team:
Boomer Sooner baby! Have to support my home state heroes! (being number one doesn't hurt their fan base either) Face it Jimmy, OK > IL

Favorite Song/Book/Movie/Food:
My favorite song at the moment is probably Drop the World by Lil Wayne & Eminem, It talks about overcoming all of the doubters and adversities in life and coming back stronger; it is inspirational in saying to pick yourself up when you get knocked down.

Favorite Course at Grinnell:
My favorite course is a toss up between Physics II and Biology 395 (virology), both courses catch my interest so there really is no clear winner.

Interesting facts about you:
Spring semester of my senior year in high school I was part of a national championship cheerleading team.