Thursday, September 8, 2011

2011 Senior Profiles: Ryan Creps

After a one-year absence, the Senior Profiles feature is back at the Pioneer Football Blog!  Each Thursday, we'll post a profile about each of the 2011 football seniors.  Next up... senior linebacker and captain, Ryan Creps...

Name: Ryan Creps
Hometown: Grinnell, Iowa
High School: Grinnell High School           
Major: Economics

Why did you choose to attend Grinnell?
Out of all of the schools I considered, Grinnell presented me the most unique college experience. Grinnell has a great academic reputation and the best academic and athletic facilities in D3. Moreover, the school’s diverse and international focus meant I was able to stay in my hometown and develop a global perspective. The icing on the cake was the chance to continue playing football in front of my friends and family. Most importantly, Grinnell was able to make this experience very affordable for my family.

What is your favorite Pioneer football moment?
Check back with me in December.

Plans after graduation?
After graduation, I plan to live and work abroad for a few years before returning to the United States, where I plan to pursue a career in higher education administration.

Favorite Professional Sports Team:
Kansas City Chiefs

Favorite Division I team:
Iowa Hawkeyes

Favorite Song/Book/Movie/Food:
Colder Weather, Zac Brown Band
Freakonomics and Super Freakonomics, Steven Levitt
Forrest Gump
Mexican food

Favorite Course at Grinnell:
Historical Perspectives on U.S. Education, Deborah Michaels

Interesting facts about you:
Before coming to Grinnell, I had never been on an airplane or outside the Central Standard Time Zone. Proudly, I can say neither of those are true anymore.