Tuesday, September 27, 2011

2011 Senior Profiles: Logan Granera

After a one-year absence, the Senior Profiles feature is back at the Pioneer Football Blog!  Each week, we'll post a profile about each of the 2011 football seniors.  Next up... senior wide receiver Logan Granera...

NameLogan Granera
Hometown:  Keokuk, IA
High School: Keokuk High School
Major:  Biology

Why did you choose to attend Grinnell? 
Coming out of high school, I debated going to Grinnell or going to Truman State.  I chose Truman State because I thought it would be cool to play Division II football despite feeling much more comfortable on my visit to Grinnell.  I soon realized the mistake I had made and as soon as I finished my first year I looked in to transferring to Grinnell.  I really wish I would have come here straight out of high school because as a senior, an extra year at Grinnell seems invaluable.  It is my teammates and coaches that truly make the difference here.

What is your favorite Pioneer football moment?
It is too difficult to choose one moment as my favorite, but watching Rob Seer drop kick a pylon in practice has to be up there.

Plans after graduation?
I plan on going to Chiropractic school upon graduation.

Favorite Professional Sports Team: 
Indianapolis Colts

Favorite Division I team:
The Ohio State University

Favorite Song/Book/Movie/Food: 
Sweetness by Jimmy Eat World/The Bible/Good Will Hunting/Mac&Cheese
Favorite Course at Grinnell
Animal Physiology

Interesting facts about you:
I have never been in the Laurel Leaf Lounge