Thursday, September 1, 2011

2011 Senior Profiles: Jimmy Borrasso

After a one-year absence, the Senior Profiles feature is back at the Pioneer Football Blog!  Each Thursday, we'll post a profile about each of the 2011 football seniors.  To begin with... quarterback, Jimmy Borrasso.



 NameJimmy Borrasso

Hometown: Lake Forest, IL
High School: Lake Forest High School
Major:  Economics

Why did you choose to attend Grinnell? Obviously Grinnell offers an education that rivals any in the nation, which was very important to me when I was deciding where to go to school.  However, what set Grinnell apart from everywhere else I was looking was the guys on the team.  I visited Kenyon, which essentially is the same school as Grinnell just in Ohio not Iowa, and I never truly felt welcome there.  But when I visited Grinnell there was an instant connection and warm atmosphere, you knew that everyone wanted you there.

What is your favorite Pioneer football moment? My favorite football moment was my freshman year against Ripon.  We had been beaten badly that day (we were shut out up to this point) but in the fourth quarter I got in, led a drive down the field and threw my first collegiate touchdown to Rob Seer.  Having my first touchdown be thrown to a close friend was a pretty sweet moment.

Plans after graduation?  I plan on getting a job in the field of finance, preferably as an investment consultant

Favorite Professional Sports Team:  Chicago Bears (clearly the best team in the NFC North, despite any argument by Matt John or Robert Seer)

Favorite Division I team:  Northwestern 

Favorite Song/Book/Movie/Food:  Favorite book: Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Taleb

Favorite Course at GrinnellApplied Game Theory (Economics class)

Interesting facts about you: I also play on the golf team at Grinnell and was voted the most improved player last year.