Monday, December 14, 2009

Coach's Profiles: Nino Parker

Throughout the season we profiled each of our 14 senior players and now that we've entered the off-season, it's time to meet each member of our coaching staff. We'll spotlight one coach each week leading up until Christmas, proceeding, as we did with the seniors, in alphabetical order.

Next up is running backs coach, Nino Parker!


Name: Nino Parker
Hometown: Chicago, IL
Alma Mater: Grinnell College
Position/Title at Grinnell: Pioneer Fund Assistant/Running Backs Coach

What brought you to Grinnell?
I came to Grinnell to pursue an undergraduate degree from one of the top schools in the nation.

What is your favorite memory here at Grinnell?
My favorite memory is winning the last game that I played as a student here. I can still remember how happy I felt and I enjoy coaching because I get a chance to help current students pursue that feeling each Saturday in the fall.

Why did you choose your alma mater? What drew you there?
I was drawn to Grinnell because of its academic reputation. Playing football here just made my experience better.

How would you describe yourself as a coach?
Work hard, have fun.

Favorite movie: Remember the Titans, Boyz in da Hood

Favorite book: Catch a Fire

Favorite food(s): Hot wings

Favorite travel location: Belize

Hobbies and Interests: Football, basketball, cooking, music, religion

List at least one random or interesting fact about you: I didn't play football until my second year at Grinnell.