Wednesday, October 26, 2011

2011 Senior Profiles: Robert Seer

Each week this season we will highlight a member of our 2011 senior class, up next is senior wide receiver, Robert Seer!


Name: Robert Seer
Hometown: Saukville, WI
High School: Port Washington High School
Major: History

Why did you choose to attend Grinnell? 
I chose to attend Grinnell after coming and doing an overnight stay.  What sold me was actually meeting the people here including my potential teammates.  Everyone at Grinnell is super nice and the guys on the team are awesome to hang out with.  I couldn't ask to have better friends.

What is your favorite Pioneer football moment? 
My favorite Pioneer football moment has to be beating Monmouth, as I'm sure it is for a lot of guys.  More specifically though it was the very end when we got to use our victory formation.  I remember going onto the field in near disbelief saying to some of the guys, "We are taking knees on Monmouth!"  That was a good feeling.

Plans after graduation? 
I would like to go law school after graduation, where I want to go depends on where I get in.  Probably either Madison or Marquette.

Favorite Professional Sports Team: 
By far the Green Bay Packers.  Being a Packers fan is like nothing else.  No fan base has more commitment to their team.  We are all die hard.  Going to a Packers game is as near to a religious experience as you can get.  Oh, and by the way, we just beat the Bears at Soldier Field for the NFC Championship, and then won the Super Bowl, take that Jimmy.

Favorite Division I team: 
No surpise, the Wisconsin Badgers.  Not a glamorous school by any means, but somehow the Badgers are always competing for the championship in both football and basketball.  Being on the field after they beat Northwestern 70-17 was another good memory, as the Badgers were on their way to the Rose Bowl.  On Wisconsin!

Favorite Song: 
Any country music, because the lyrics are actually meaningful and applicable to life.  I realize there are a lot of haters, but country music rocks, if you don't believe me, go to Country Thunder, the greatest place in the world for four days in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin.

Favorite Food:
 
Probably a well-marinated and cooked steak.  Also anything with lots of cheese.

Favorite Course at Grinnell:
 
My history seminar.  It was titled Family History as American History.  Basically, I got to interview my grandpa about his entire life and figure out when major historical events impacted his personal life.  I wrote what was more or less a short biography filled with these interaction points.  I learned a ton about my grandpa that I hadn't known, including the fact that he had worked on the guidance system for the Apollo missions.  Pretty cool stuff.

Interesting facts about you: 
I really enjoy singing and I sing here at Grinnell in the student-run male acapella group called the G-Tones.  We sing pretty much anything and really have a lot of fun together.  We aren't the best, but people are still really supportive.  Definitely nice to be involved here at Grinnell.