Thursday, October 13, 2011

2011 Senior Profiles: Chris Jarmon

Each week this season we will highlight a member of our 2011 senior class, up next is senior offensive guard, Chris Jarmon!


Name: Chris Jarmon
Hometown: Boulder, CO
High School: Boulder High
Major: English

Why did you choose to attend Grinnell?
I was in the second semester of my Freshman year at Colorado College when the Board of Trustees decided to drop our football program. It was a painful time. I knew that I wanted to continue playing football, so I visited several schools to consider transferring. The guys on the team at Grinnell were absolutely amazing and I knew I wanted to be a part of this family. I still miss my teammates from Colorado College, but transferring here was the best decision I've ever made.


What is your favorite Pioneer football moment?
Beating Monmouth last year, 17-15. I had come from losing programs in high school and at Colorado College, and this game was the first time where I was on a team that said, "We're not putting up with losing anymore." I'm incredibly proud of helping to start a winning tradition here.

Plans after graduation?
I've worked at NFL Films and ESPN the past few summers, so I'm definitely looking to get into sports media after I graduate.

Favorite Professional Sports Team:
If they're from Denver, I love them.


Favorite Division I team:
Colorado Buffaloes


Favorite Song/Book/Movie/Food:
"Way Back Texas" by Pat Green/The Holy Bible/Rudy/The 14" Buffalo Wing sub at Deli Zone


Favorite Course at Grinnell:
Coaching Methods with Coach Professor Hollibaugh
 

Interesting facts about you:
My blog about playing football at Grinnell has been featured in Sports Illustrated's "Campus Clicks" section three times.