Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Senior Profiles: Scott Koenning

Throughout the season we will run profiles on each of our 14 senior players. We've asked them to tell us why they chose to attend Grinnell, what their favorite moment as a Pioneer football player was, among other fun facts. Please enjoy getting to know a little more about these guys before they graduate this spring!

Next up, is senior kicker and linebacker, Scott Koenning!


Name: Scott Koenning
Hometown: Oberlin, Ohio
Major: Spanish/Sociology

Why did you choose to attend Grinnell?
I chose Grinnell because of its quality of academics and community. I stayed because of friends I've made and the beautiful starry nights.

What is your favorite Pioneer football moment?
Ryan Boehm's interception return for a touchdown against Lawrence in the 2008 season.

What are your career ambitions and/or future plans?
Immediately after graduation, I'm considering enrolling in some sort of service program, perhaps outside the U.S. After that, it'd be great to become a member of LeBron James' entourage. However, I have a feeling life may take me in a different direction. We'll see.

Favorite Professional Team: The Cleveland teams: Browns, Cavaliers, and Indians

Favorite Division I team: Ohio State Buckeyes

Favorite Song: Depends on the day, but right now: "Kick Drum Heart" by The Avett Brothers or "Soundtrack 2 My Life" by KiD CuDi

Favorite Food: Anything my dad makes

Favorite Movie: Pulp Fiction

Favorite Book: Tough call, but I'm feeling nostalgic, so I'll say The Outsiders by Susan Eloise Hinton

Favorite Course at Grinnell: Social Inequality

Other hobbies: All things Argentine, Cleveland sports, soccer, food & cooking, language, music and travel