Thursday, September 17, 2009

Senior Profiles: Jordan Courtain

Throughout the season we will run profiles on each of our 14 senior players. We've asked them to tell us why they chose to attend Grinnell, what their favorite moment as a Pioneer football player was, among other fun facts. Please enjoy getting to know a little more about these guys before they graduate this spring!

Next up, is senior wide receiver, Jordan Courtain!


Name: Jordan Courtain
Hometown: Chico, CA
Major: Economics

Why did you choose to attend Grinnell?
I chose Grinnell because I had the opportunity to play sports as well as get a good education.

What is your favorite Pioneer football moment?
My favorite Grinnell football moment would be my 1st touchdown on a hitch-and-go against Lake Forest my sophomore year.

What are your career ambitions and/or future plans?
My future plans are to graduate college with my econ degree. Hopefully, after that join a company where I can put my degree to use.

Favorite Professional Team: San Fransisco 49ers

Favorite Division I team: USC Trojans

Favorite Song: Don't have one

Favorite Food: Tri-tip steak

Favorite Movie: Gladiator

Favorite Book: The Giver by Lois Lowry

Favorite Course at Grinnell: Microeconomics

Other hobbies: Working out, reading books, and watching TV and movies