Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cody Weber's Summer Job




Cody Weber '13 landed a job in Nashville this summer at a sports performance institute.  Read Cody's thoughts on the job:

This summer I've been blessed with the opportunity to work as the Corporate Marketing and Public Relations Intern for D1 Sports Training and Therapy in Nashville, Tennessee.  Not only will I be learning the numerous aspects of how the business side of a fast-growing sports performance company is run, but along with that I have the opportunity to train and play football with incredibly high level college and pro athletes everyday.  The level of coaching and training provided is some of the most elite in the whole country--they pride themselves on providing all members with a D1 atmosphere as well as character development.  The fact that the company is faith based (its motto is "Iron Sharpens Iron" from Proverbs 27) is perhaps the most exciting aspect of all.  The only way I was able to make this internship happen is through the incredible funding Grinnell College provides for summer internships.  I applied for and received funding for my relocation, food, and housing costs for the summer, meaning I'll break even even though the internship is unpaid!  I'm so blessed to be at a school where they value my future just as much as I do.  I'll be spending all 12 weeks of my summer running football camps such as the Eric Berry DB camps as well as learning day to day operations and assisting with grand openings of new locations in Detroit (MI), Orlando (FL), Raleigh (NC), and Abilene (TX).  I'm pumped for the experience and ready to take on this new challenge.  A summer of physical and athletic preparation while working at D1 Nashville will make me more than ready for the upcoming season.  Watch out Nashville, GC Pride coming your way!

PS~I can't wait to hit the live music scene and open mics. Maybe I'll get signed so I don't have to finish college! I'm just kidding... But seriously.

Have fun Cody, and if you do get signed and become world famous, don't forget Pioneer Football!