Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2011 Senior Profiles: Harpreet Singh-Mann!

Each week this season we will highlight a member of our 2011 senior class, up next is senior wide receiver, Harpreet Singh-Mann!

Name: Harpreet Singh-Mann
Hometown: Stockton, CA
High School: Cesar Chavez High School
Major: Biological Chemistry

Why did you choose to attend Grinnell?
Grinnell gave me the opportunity to receive a top notch education and continue what I love doing which is playing football.  Note to mention, the financial assistance they presented me was also lovely.  When I came to visit on my recruiting visit, I was sold on the “Self-Gov” policy that people went by here which was definitely a culture shock and the great athletic facilities. Deciding between the corn fields and Cali weather was definitely a hard decision, but I think I made the right decision.  Grinnell has allowed for me to get out of Cali, and do something that nobody back home is doing.

What is your favorite Pioneer football moment?
My favorite Pioneer football moment would definitely have to be the win over Monmouth last year.  The upset was set up so well.  It was their homecoming (or something like it), it would have been a milestone victory (100th career victory) for their head coach, we hadn’t scored on them in 3 years, their fans were talking a lot of trash, and the “icing on the cake” (like Creps would say) would be the fact that it was my birthday.  Not only did we obviously score on them, but we came out there…on their home field, played hard and left with a big DUB.  Everybody was so happy; the look on the Coach P’s face captivated everything.  The bus ride home was probably the shortest ever because everybody was just having a good time.  We pulled up at Grinnell to peers popping bottles and having a great time.

Plans after graduation?
Wherever the Lord takes me.

Favorite Professional Sports Team: 
Don’t have one; I’m a fan of the sport.  College football is way better

Favorite Division I team: 
University of California Berkeley (Cal)……swag

Favorite Song/Book/Movie/Food: 
Favorite Song: Today Was a Good Day by Ice Cube
Book: The Holy Bible and Where the Red Fern Grows
Movie: Remember the Titans
Food: Spaghetti

Favorite Course at Grinnell
Organic Chemistry II……oh and Coaching Methods of course haha

Interesting facts about you:
I can solve a Rubik cube in 48 seconds.