Thursday, October 22, 2009

Senior Profiles: Joey Snyder

Throughout the season we will run profiles on each of our 14 senior players. We've asked them to tell us why they chose to attend Grinnell, what their favorite moment as a Pioneer football player was, among other fun facts. Please enjoy getting to know a little more about these guys before they graduate this spring!

Next up, is senior tight end, Joey Snyder!


Name: Joey Snyder
Hometown: Reserve, New Mexico
Major: Economics

Why did you choose to attend Grinnell?
Grinnell College gave me the opportunity to see a different part of the United States, while offering me the chance to play two college varsity sports and receive a top-ranked liberal arts education. In addition, the faculty and students at Grinnell are all good people.

What is your favorite Pioneer football moment?
I have numerous favorite moments, but I think my favorite was the fourth quarter and the excitement that prevailed during last year's first game against Cornell. The quarter was full of nothing but suspense, especially the final play. When Marquis Bradley swatted down a desperation pass into the endzone as time expired, I immediately ran onto the field as did the rest of the team. The excitement shown by the fans and players is unforgettable.

What are your career ambitions and/or future plans?
I am in the process of pursuing a career in finance, such as a financial advisor. I am also trying to apply to graduate schools, preferably the University of New Mexico's Anderson School of Management in hopes of receiving an MBA in finance.

Favorite Professional Team: Chicago Bulls

Favorite Division I team: North Carolina Tar Heels

Favorite Song: "Life Goes On" by Tupac Shakur

Favorite Food: My grandma's red chili enchiladas!

Favorite Movie: Friday

Favorite Book: L.A.byrnth

Favorite Course at Grinnell: Lunch, haha. No really, I enjoy economics classes focused in finance, such as Investments and Public Policy, or U.S. Financial Systems

Other hobbies: I regularly snowboard. Hang out with friends - mostly the "PALS". Ride ATVs, hunt, eat my mom and grandma's home-cooked Mexican food. Listen to my parents, grandparents, and family friends childhood stories. Most of all I love just being in the great state of New Mexico with my family.