Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Alumni Update - Tom Brinkman

Coach Brinkman (rght) likes what he sees against Lawrence

Brinkman as a defensive lineman, bringing down a Monmouth Scot in 2011.
Tom Brinkman '13, of Rolfe, IA is just starting his third year as a college football coach, but this will be his first season away from Grinnell College.  Tom was the defensive backs coach for us the past two seasons, but has moved on to begin a Graduate Assistant program at Midland Lutheran, an NAIA school in Nebraska.

Here's what Tom has to say:


I am an offensive GA at Midland University in Fremont, NE coaching the WR's.  I am also the recruiting coordinator for the staff, and I manage our roster.  As the recruiting coordinator, my main duty is to completely revamp our old recruiting plan and create a new 52 week cycle for recruiting.  I am getting my MEd. (Master of Education) in Adult and Organizational Leadership.  This focuses on how to educate individuals that are 18 or older.  As a coach, this will help me better communicate with my players, but it will also give me the skills I need to educate and effectively communicate with staff members.  This is a 2 year position, and after the two years I hope to get a full time job as a defensive assistant coach, eventually working my way up to a defensive coordinator and head coach.

Thanks for the update Tom.  Best of luck to you!