Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pioneers Summer Plans

As the Pioneers head out into another summer, we asked them what they were up to during their time away from Grinnell (though a handful of players are still in town). Here's a sampling of some of their plans:

Andrew Clark '14:   "Interning as a Software Developer at Koch Industries (in Wichita, KS) and running my first 5k early August (fundraiser for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program."

 Ed Hardman '16 : "Eat, sleep, lift, run, repeat."


Sam Poulos '16:  "I am coaching football at my high school working with the varsity quarterbacks as well as the freshman sophomore quarterbacks. It will really teach me a lot and hopefully give me good experience to be a coach in the future."

Danny Reynolds '15:  "I'm going to Bonnaroo Music Festival. Then in July I'm heading out to Israel en route to Nepal for an engineering program."


Kevin Hwang '14:  "Working a 9-5 at the law offices of Jae Y. Kim."



Jordy Manker '15:  "This summer I'm helping kids and adults (with and without learning disabilities) improve their reading and writing."

Cedric Abdul-Hakeem '15:  "I'll be teaching entrepreneurship to people, ages 12-21 and potentially serving ice cream for an ice cream parlor."


Brogan McWilliams '16:  : I'll be working part time as a waiter in my moms restaurant, a coffee house/Bistro. And then part time as a farm hand on a cattle farm of a family friend."


Morgan Kinsinger '14:  "This summer I'm working full-time at a company called GELITA and I'm an accounting intern. I've also been working part-time as a research assistant in financial economics at the London business school for a Grinnell football alum."