Thursday, February 18, 2010

LEAVING GRINNELL TO COACH AT MY ALMA MATER

I had to make a very tough decision- a decision that was the right decision for me and my family. I'm leaving Grinnell College to be the Offensive Coordinator at my alma mater Austin College. Grinnell is a very special place with very special people. There are so many things I will miss about Grinnell. The thing I will miss the most is my relationship with the players. I will miss all the practical jokes they play on me, the daily conversations we have about how their day went or what happened in class, seeing all the guys getting their "swole" on in the weight room, and how well they get along with each other. It is truly the closest "TEAM" I've ever been associated with and that won't change. The players at Grinnell are special, unique, extraordinary young men who will go on and do great things in life.

I will be Grinnell's biggest fan and I can't wait to see the Pioneers put it on the Scots from Macalester on September 4 at Rosenbloom field.

The Pioneer Football team will be in good hands as Defensive Coordinator and Recruiting Coordinator Jeff Pedersen has been named Interim Head Coach. Coach Pedersen is a former All-American at Grinnell and he'll do an outstanding job. I look forward to keeping up with the continued progress and success under Coach Pedersen's leadership.

Go Pioneers!!