Monday, July 13, 2009

Pioneer Summer Internships

Every summer, Pioneer football players disperse across the country for their exciting summer internships. Throughout the course of the summer, they will share their experiences here. Today's entry comes from linebacker Ryan Fletcher '11:



This summer I am working an internship in Dubuque, Iowa. I am working for Heartland Investments, a firm that offers financial advising and sells life insurance, among other things. My job, technically, is to sell life insurance, which is interesting for me, being an economics major. In terms of my daily activities, I am reviewing old clients for my boss and attempting to update their policies. I am in charge of setting up appointments and gathering as much information on the clients as possible. Along with my internship, I am also playing in a summer baseball league in Dubuque, as I am also on the team here at Grinnell. The combination of a job and baseball, to go along with football workouts, ensures no day is uneventful.


.