Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pioneer Summer Internships

Every summer, Pioneer football players disperse across the country for their exciting summer internships. Throughout the course of the summer, they will share their experiences here. Today's entry comes from offensive lineman Jake McVeigh '11:



I do preliminary research for the ACLU as well as handle letters and emails asking for the ACLU's help and advice. So far I have been researching the death penalty in the state of Nebraska. I am looking at different strategies other states have used to eliminate the death penalty. I do a range of things from filing closed case files, answering letters and other daily office jobs. I was given a couple of bigger tasks for the summer. I am working on a survey to find how well high schools in Nebraska have been keeping student records private.