Friday, May 1, 2009

MORE RECRUITING!

Today is May 1 which is the "deadline" for prospective students to decide. In the business of DIII football recruiting, you often hear "no" more than "yes", but when you do get a commitment from that special recruit, it's the same feeling as winning a big game or scoring a last second touchdown to win a game! When I got a call from a highly sought after recruit yesterday and he said "I want you to be my coach" it was a special feeling and made me feel like all the time and effort we put into recruiting top student/athletes from around the country had paid off! We have a lot of people who help us with recruiting- our players, parents, alumni, admissions, administrators, and even our president, and I want to thank everyone. This truly is a "Pioneer Family", and it's why Grinnell College is such a special place!!